8.08.2010

Sun. 08/08/2010-One Sunday at Guillaume's Neighborhood

These days, I've been meeting my friends one by one, day by day before I leave. Today I had brunch with Guillaume. He lives on Jane street and we had great time talking and walking around his neighborhood and Meatpacking.

I got off C train from 14th Street. And passed a couple of liquor store. I am not exactly sure why, but I always like liquor store signs. Maybe it's the word LIQUOR can be graphically spelled out cool or something, but they always look good to me. Now I have to leave very soon, and regret that I didn't take more pictures of these signs...


Guillaume's neighborhood, especially Jane street, I think, is one of the prettiest little street in the city.

We checked out Pastis first to get brunch, but it was too packed.

Also went through Chelsea Market. I never noticed that it has this cool ceiling.

Got out from the Chelsea Market and walking through Meatpacking area. Another thing I am always drawn to is this industrial metal beams.

We passed by this tiny store that sells glass trays and plates with natural motif prints.

We had nice brunch at little café called Café Henri. Guillaume had Le Croque Monsieur and I had La Croque Madame.

I dropped by Guillaume's place. His roommate had this cute collections of pottery in the dining room. And he has the most amazing panoramic downtown view.

After I said good bye to Guillaume, I headed to Strand to buy some books for my friend in Korea, and had quick bite at Whole Food. On 2nd floor of Whole Food, it has a great view to the Union Square, and it's quite nice to have a seat on the window side there and enjoy the view and fresh food.

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time with you Yoosun!!
    and I looove your pictures!!
    You'd better take many when you are in Seoul! :)
    (PS wasn't that Croque Monsieur/Madame delicious??!)

    XXX Guillaume

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious indeed! I will try to capture many Korean moments...I am crazily packing right now,

    ReplyDelete