8.12.2010

Thurs. 08/12/2010 - Brook Farm General Store & More

There was 3 major reasons I had to go to Williamsburg again today. One was Fette Sau, and the others was this used book store called "Book Thug Nation" and "Brook Farm General Store"

[Brook Farm General Store]
I loved the store when I went there last time, so I really wanted to revisit there before I leave. It's really my favorite store among all stores in Williamsburg. It has this magical atmosphere that makes me wanting everything from the store. And the owner (I couldn't catch her name...) is so sweet.

Today, I asked her which is her favorite corner, and it was the same as me. Here. She even arranged the shelf for me to have better picture.



















Today, I tried to take as many pictures of the store as possible.
























And she's there...


















Today, I got this book. It's full of practical information about living in a natural, ecological way with beautiful photography.


















Plus, I want to add the photos I took last time.



















[Book Thug Nation]
I always just passed by and never visited here. But today I really wanted to go in and check out, and I regretted that I didn't go in before. I should have been here more before I already shipped all my books. It was almost like I was in someone's real library. 


















I got these two books by Sartre and a book by May Sarton. 



















[Darr]
This was very curious store. I don't know why I haven't seen this store before. Anyway, they didn't allow photography, so I couldn't take any picture. The store is filled with antiques and some new things and it's hard to describe this mysteriousness without pictures. 

I got this cook book which was originally published in 19th century and reproduced. It's filled with hundreds of recipes of traditional American food and cool illustrations of kitchen tools. The store sells it with brown paper wrapped in, which was quite interesting as well and which sort of tells about the store. I already shipped all my books and if I buy anymore books, I have to carry in flight...but today it seemed like I couldn't resist buying more books.



















[More and More Williamsburg]
Whenever I go there, I find new interesting things there. Or it's just me loving everything in Williamsburg, whatever the object is. Again, I took many photos there today.

I am not sure what these are called exactly. Are these also standpipe? Anyway, I am almost collecting pictures of these things. 



















Williamsburg Bridge looks great from every perspective to me. And each time I am there, I can't help but taking more pictures of the bridge.
























Yes. Oh, Dear, I am leaving Brooklyn and the States as well...

























I also watched a fashion photo shoot in a bagel shop while I was waiting for Fette Sau opening.



















Another place that I can't help...is "Junk". 


















McCarren Park


















I was keep going north and north to shed some fat from Fette Sau. And without knowing it, I was in Green Point. I almost got lost in this little Polish community.


















With the help of iPhone's navigation -which helped me a lot these days-, I finally found my way to L train on Bedford Avenue.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of neat shots. The little corner market looks like it could be in my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete