8.04.2010

Wed. 08/04/2010 - In Jersey City with an Old Friend

I had brunch with my old friend, sort of a first friend I had in NY (actually we met in Paris before I came to NY) at Marco & Pepe in Jersey City. One of the best restaurants in the Metropolitan area in my opinion. I had some time before I saw my friend, and I scrolled around Jersey City where I used to live about 8 years.

I think Jersey City must be the fastest developing city in the Metropolitan area last a couple of years. While I was still there, all the empty lands or buildings were already bought by developers and by the time I left there, the new constructions for high-rise condos were everywhere. Now, all those buildings are completed and a lot more are going on as well. But at the same time, some of the areas stayed the same as I was there, and I was glad to see them again.

Jersey City not only has new shiny high-rise condos, but also contains many of beautiful historic buildings as well. I am going to stay at Gabi's who lives in Jersey City, and will explore historic Jersey City more at that time.

[Dixon Pencil Mill]
It converted to a luxury condo after the factory shut down in 1986.
[Architects on Newark Avenue]
[Beechwood Café]
I used to start my day with its latté. It has the best one!
[Mercer Street]
Mercer Street is one of the prettiest streets in downtown Jersey City lined with fine brownstones.
My friend, HiJong, I saw today got married with one of Del Forno, the prominent real estate agency in Jersey City, even though she told me her husband got out of the family business. They actually met each other by her husband finding a place for her and me.
[Marco & Pepe]
You have to try its Macaroni & Cheese. It's not your usual what you expect. Actually every dish is wonderful there.
Just a couple of pictures I liked the most today.

And this picture, I took it when I still was living in Jersey City. One snowy day, looking down the City Hall and quite a view to the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment