7.02.2010

Fri. 07/02/2010 - Unexpected Journey

These days, I truly feel that "life is not always going to the way you expected" more than ever from the smallest things, but many times, that's the beauty of life. Life is full of unexpectedness and even though it goes to unexpected way, from there, you meet new people, make new friends, see and learn new things, the the things you would never experience if your life just goes to expected and planned way.

For last couple of days, I was keep thinking where I should go next day. There are still several places where I haven't been, but it's not always easy to pick one. Also, a lot of times, I ended up in a completely different place than I planned the day before. Yesterday, I really couldn't decide where to go for today. In this morning, I finally thought about re-visit Met. Then I changed to go to Chelsea galleries thinking there must be some new shows. So, I headed to Chelsea. But having arrived there, I realized I picked the wrong date. Friday didn't seem to be a good day to go there, because many galleries were closed or open late.

So, I thought about South Street Seaport, where I intended to go for long time, and never made it. I decided to give it a shot to walk from Chelsea to there, and see how far I could go.

At the end, the trip became a "Lower Side Manhattan Border Tour" meaning I went around the south area along with edge of the island, leaving out the center part completely. And it gave me some idea where to go next time.

[High Line Park]
I went to the park again, but this time starting from 23rd street entrance. And just experimenting my photography like I did yesterday. BTW, the garden was at its best time.

[On Washington Street]

[Western Tip of TriBeCa]

[Ground Zero]

[Around Battery Park]

[Staten Island Ferry]

[South Street Seaport]

[Brooklyn Bridge]

[Important Government Buildings]

I ended my journey at China Town...

No comments:

Post a Comment