7.06.2010

Tue. 07/04/2010 - SoHo

I am not sure whether it's summer cold or allergy, but for about a week, I've been sick. I don't have fever, but I am constantly coughing. And the medicines are making me dizzy. Plus, today was almost 100 degree outside. With the cough medicine and heat, I was not even sure what I was doing on the streets in SoHo.

Going to SoHo was like homework to me. I once worked in the area for about 2 years, and it was just every day life for me at that time. Whether I was too familiar with the area, or I was just not so interested in today's "commercialized and materialized" SoHo -but then I don't even know how it was before-, I was just dragging myself going there for quite a time.

 I am not very much a window shopper...I have to have a goal to shop, and maybe it was that missing motivation why I had really hard time to visit SoHo. Anyway, SoHo is still the best place to shop anything from street vendors to Chanel, H&M to Prada, plus CB2 to Ligne Roset.

[Olive]
All the local's favorite place for lunch.

And the famous "Balthazar", I didn't really mean to include these two girls, but they were standing there forever.

I started trying to take picture of "people" in NY, not like they are accidentally in. As a first attempt...
[Chefs from Savoy]

[Cobble Stones in SoHo]

[Apple Store]
The building used to be a post office before it became Apple store. I came here so often to to my intern work...mailing!

[Bar 89]
 With eccentric restrooms...I once was always here drinking apple martini with gigantic nacho plate.

[De Vera]
A mysterious place. It's like a small museum or a collector's room -whether the collecting item is dying Jesus figurines or ivory hands-, but selling the objects. 

[Blue Ribbon]
Since I grew up seaside eating fresh fish, I am extremely picky with Sushi and Sashimi. And there are only 3 places I like in the city...Blue Ribbon, Matsuri at Martime Hotel, and Mie on 12th Street. But it was too hot today, and with the medicine, I was not sure I was tasting...too bad.

[Cast Iron Architecture in SoHo]
SoHo has the most of cast-iron architectures in the world and this is how SoHo is distinguished from other areas. But it's hard to see the building when you are bombarded with flash signs and show windows. Maybe next time, I will only look at these buildings only.

[More Streets, Buildings and Shops in SoHo]

No comments:

Post a Comment